How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Charles Your Own Question
Charles, Marine Tech
Category: Marine Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 3936
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
Type Your Marine Electronics Question Here...
Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lowrance Gen 2 depth finder that I would like to work

Customer Question

I have a lowrance Gen 2 depth finder that I would like to work on at home. I need up update the unit. Is there a wiring harness available that I could hook up to a battery or, transformer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.What you need to get is a power supply cable and either a transformer that will produce 12V or a battery. If you are not going to be using it for long periods of time a jump box will also work on the power supply cable. This is the cable.