Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Having trouble getting engine data from Yamaha F225 TXRD outboard

Customer Question

Having trouble getting engine data from Yamaha F225 TXRD outboard to Garmin GPSMAP 7608xsv. Are they compatible, or do I need a work around of some sort?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.What data specifically did you want to obtain from the engine to your Garmin unit?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The garmin unit should interface with the engine to give all basic engine data, ie fuel flow, temp, tach, volts,etc
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi that is correct thank you.This should work as far as I can see and with all the experience has taught me about these units. I use one a as well for electric model engines.It seems this one may be defective.If you have everything hooked up correctly and are trying to read the values and they don't appear, or if you see no data then that unit is missing something in the the electronics. A bad component is what this will be. if this one is new please exchange it for a replacement but if its older please let me know and I will explain what to do in that case.Thank youTech Michael