Marine Electronics

Marine Electronics Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Marine Electronics

Best marine radio/cd player

Customer Question
best marine radio/cd player
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
7/6/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Joe, Marine Electronics Installer replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Single din?
And the face is it also single or double din?
What features are you looking for?
Please provide as much info as you can only what you are looking for this way I can try to give you the best answer possible. There are many quality marine stereos and thus I need a little info to narrow it down for you.
Thanks,
Joe
i just want a radio/cd that will work in my boat that i wont have too replace.one that works very good. marine radio!
ps, idont know what din means
Good afternoon,
Din refers to the size of the opening of the unit, refer to the link below and you'll see an m505 which is a 1 din 1 din face and the cmd8 which is a 1 din with a 2 din face. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products-personal/marine/
For marine audio source units I tend to rely more on Clarion head units more than any other manufacture, I have less problems with them and they are of very good quality. I also prefer hidden cd slots vs front face openings like what you can see on the m303 which due to that I would not recommend as well as many other manufactures. These are my personal professional opinions..
When a receiver is inside a cabin you can actually go to non marine units, however any that are going to be exposed to outside conditions should be kept marine and for marine units I highly recommend the Clarion lineup with the m505 and cmd8 units being the best.
Also if you have an iphone, ipad or ipod you can use the clarion mf2 wireless controller to control the receiver via your apple device, this comes in handy esp if you have a lifeproof case/waterproof case on your device and are not on the boat which would normally have at best a remote in the transom and not very convenient. The mf2 is an optional accessory and is not required.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Joe
Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer