Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 380 Sundancer and my drop down TV mechanism in…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 380...
I have a 2007 380 Sundancer and my drop down TV mechanism in the salon needs to be adjusted as it is hitting the side of the frame and is going to far back. Is there a manual that explains how to adjust or can someone shed some light for me. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
7/9/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Going too far back may mean several things... a 'stop' is out of alignment, so that the parts miss the 'stop' and proceed farther back than usual. Or that parts are loose or out of alignment with a somewhat similar effect. But the hitting the side of the frame is a different and more certain problem: either a part is bent, or some fastener (a nut, bolt, screw, etc.) is come loose or coming loose, in all likelihood. You will need to examine all parts of the drop down mechanism, simply speaking, for bending, or for loose fasteners. Even slight looseness might cause the problem, so this has to be checked carefully. (On the other hand, when combined with the going too far back, that hints there might be a completely loose or overtly loose fastener or part in the mechanism.) You may have to dismount the TV from its place, first, just in order to see and get at the mechanism... after which, with this advice, the problem might become obvious enough and easy to fix.