Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How. Do I fix on C70 GPS the line showing forward of the boat

Customer Question

How. Do I fix on C70 GPS the line showing forward of the boat marker bow is not heading I the direction on map that boat is traveling
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I take it that you need the Heading indicator setting for the device in question.
The Heading indicator may be enabled by having a heading indicator connected to the device, such as a autopilot, Smart Heading System, ST60 Compass, etc.
If you only have a GPS antenna attached, that cannot provide heading information, and the screen may default to North Upward or similar orientation choices. A GPS antenna can tell position, but not heading.
If the problem isn't that, then please tell me where the line ahead of the boat's position, on the screen, *is* pointing - and whether there is any heading source attached to the device, if so what maker and model of device? Thanks.