Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How. Do I fix on C70 GPS the line showing forward of the boat…

Customer Question
How. Do I fix on...
How. Do I fix on C70 GPS the line showing forward of the boat marker bow is not heading I the direction on map that boat is traveling
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
7/5/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I take it that you need the Heading indicator setting for the device in question.
The Heading indicator may be enabled by having a heading indicator connected to the device, such as a autopilot, Smart Heading System, ST60 Compass, etc.
If you only have a GPS antenna attached, that cannot provide heading information, and the screen may default to North Upward or similar orientation choices. A GPS antenna can tell position, but not heading.
If the problem isn't that, then please tell me where the line ahead of the boat's position, on the screen, *is* pointing - and whether there is any heading source attached to the device, if so what maker and model of device? Thanks.