Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I had installed the autopilot hds 9 gen 2. I have installed

Customer Question

i had installed the autopilot for my hds 9 gen 2. I have installed 4.5 software upgrade. The unit isn't recognizing autopilot. When I look under network devices what should show up for the autopilot
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.
When you turn the unit on and look in the menu, it should say there is an autopilot there. When making your connections make sure that the NMEA 2K network has its own power supply as the HDS does not power that.
Hook everything up then turn on the auto pilot, after it has come online, turn on the HDS. It should see that it is there. If not, reinstall the software again. I have had this issue before and it took a bit for the HDS to see the unit.