Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2007 crownline 220ex and the stereo has a loose powere

Customer Question

i have a 2007 crownline 220ex and the stereo has a loose powere line somewhere. when i drive it and hit a wave it quits playing until i hit another wave and it starts playing again. i have looked uner the dash to see if i could see anything but i am not sure what to look for. i wiggle the wires and sometimes it will start playing but not everytime.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
This can actually have to do with the unit itself and the contacts as well. To pinpoint what the problem is when the radio has turned off use a voltmeter to check on the wires if power or ground has been lost, if neither than the problem is within the radio and or connector, if either power or ground lost before the radio connector then you need to back trace that wire to where the problem is. When you wiggle the wires it could be the wires, it could be the connector/contacts or it could be inside the unit from the connector as well and thus the reason you will need to use a voltmeter for testing.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.