Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total of…

Customer Question
low battery sign in the...
low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total off
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
i have simrad autopilot ,low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total off
6/27/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 3 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Does anything else that is connected to this battery still work?Do you have a multimeter?
battery is fine
What else does this battery power?
the power of the battery is working perfect
Did you already remove the battery and have it load tested? That is not listed anywhere. This is the only way to tell the true state of your battery. Auto pilot systems do draw a bunch of amps due to the nature of them. Something like an LED lightbulb does not. Does this make sense to you as to why I am asking the questions that I am?
Yes I understand Charles but battery is good they turns my twin Cummings 540 hp , 1radars 2 17 inches screens fish finder and lights is not problem at all.
Thank you for answering the question. Now I know where know where to start.With a multimeter test the voltage that is coming out of the power supply to the head unit. If it is below 10, trace the power leads back to the fuse block and test the power there. You are going to have either a bad connection in a junction or a bad connection at the fuse block. Check both the red and black wires for the correct voltage to the battery.