Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a Raymarine Series C GPS chart plotter radar unit and

Customer Question

I have a Raymarine Series C GPS chart plotter radar unit and am having as much as a 20-30 minute delay for the ship icon to appear on the plotter screen when turning the unit on. Any suggestions to resolve? Thank yo. Clark Davis. Ketchikan Alaska
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Is this an older C series with out the built in antenna for GPS, or is it internal and you happen to have an external antenna?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The unit is a 2007 with an external gps antenna installed on top of the boat's cabin.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** look at the connectors to the antenna. Make sure that they are all clean and dry. Also make sure that the power supply to the antenna network is clean and that the antenna is getting a full 12V in its network.