Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The screen on my simrad AP 16 control head has gone blank.

Customer Question
the screen on my simrad...
the screen on my simrad AP 16 control head has gone blank. Is there another control head still in production that I can replace it with? It's an AC 20 computer
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
6/8/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years. replied 3 years ago
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Have you tried updating it?
Yes that's not the issue. The numbers and letters on the screen started to fade away and then eventually the screen went blank.
Hi Sir/Madam, I apologize for the long delay.
Then unfortunately this is a major issue and will need to be checked by a Simrad technician. Please call customer service at 1(###) ###-####
Sir/Madam, I know you would like a quick solution on this, and I would love nothing better than to get you one, but this issue is very difficult to troubleshoot this way.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!