Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a Lawrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touchscreen, but I try to turn

Customer Question

I have a Lawrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touchscreen, but I try to turn it on and it shuts off in 10-15 seconds.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.
First make sure that you have at least 10 Volts to the connector on the unit. Then check the software version that you are using. It should be 4.0, if not update it and see if the unit will work.
If neither of these work, do a soft reset on the unit and see if that will clear the error.