Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just installed my Elite 5 HDI. Worked fine after mounting transducer,

Customer Question
connecting wiring and while completing...
Just installed my Elite 5 HDI. Worked fine after mounting transducer, connecting wiring and while completing mounting. Inserted 2015 Fishing Hot Spots Pro USA and worked fine. Went inside for about 2 hours and returned to show my wife after she returned home. The screen opened as normal with Elite Lowrance on the screen but after about 15 seconds the screen value lowered and continued to show Elite Lowrance with change. Read that to restart: press +/_ button and then Start button and hold until an american flag appears then release. I did this but no change....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
5/25/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 3 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.

With the unit off, remove the map card and see if it will now turn back on.