Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a poly planer stereo in my boat. The power wires corroded…

I have a poly planer...
I have a poly planer stereo in my boat. The power wires corroded long ago and were cut off. I have yellow red and black. which ones are which? I'm trying to use a hydrophone on it. If it doesn't work, can I use a guitar amp instead?
12/24/2013
Marine Electronics Expert: Josh C, Marine Electronics Installer replied 8 years ago
Josh C
Josh C, Marine Electronics Installer
Welcome!

The wires on the back are as follows:

Yellow - Constant 12v +
Red - Switched 12v +
Black - battery (-)

as far as using the other amplifier, you would need a 12 to 120V inverter to power it, otherwise It wouldn't be a problem!
Josh C
Josh C, Marine Electronics Installer