Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Engineer
104650716

Can’t get my new iPhone activated. You’re new iPhone cannot

Customer Question

Can’t get my new iPhone activated
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?
Customer: You’re new iPhone cannot be activated because the activation server cannot be reached.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: I tried using my other iPhone and followed the instructions, but when it came to the frame and I put the swirling image over the frame of the other iPhone it just didn’t do anything...
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rennan Lui replied 9 days ago.

Check these things first

Still need help? Use the next section.

Follow these steps

1. Check the list on the System Status page. If the box by iOS Device Activation isn't green, try to activate your iPhone later.
  2. If asked to enter your password ***** you activate your iPhone, enter the password. (A password ***** means that Activation Lock might be enabled in Find My iPhone.)
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. If you're using a cellular data connection, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network instead.

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer. Locate your device on your computer.
  4. Wait while your computer detects and activates your iPhone:
    • If you see an alert that shows "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means your iPhone is activated.
    • If you get an error message on your computer that says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.