JustinTimeTech
JustinTimeTech, Technology Support Supervisor
Experience:  Technology Support Supervisor at a very large school district
102684529

I upgraded from an Iphone 7plus to an Iphone 11 and was

Hi, I upgraded from an Iphone 7plus to an Iphone 11 and was preparing to clear the Iphone. It asked for a number, I tried my Itune password ***** the cell password. I have no idea what the Iphone 7Plus is asking for and it is locked..Help Art Polan
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?
Customer: I upgraded my Iphone 7Plus for an Iphone11.I want to clear the 7Plus so I can sell it butit is asking for a number I cant identify. I'fe triedMy Itunes password ***** the phones lock password ***** they dont work
JA: What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone?
Customer: 13.3.1 the latest
JA: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has gon e once as tomany tries will lock the Iphone 7Plus which I want to sell
JA: Anything else you want the Apple Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO this is my problem I cant unlock my phone
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Help stop

Hello, my name is Justin, welcome to JustAnswer. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iPhone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. You may see a Secure Remote Access request, ignore this prompt for now.

Can you tell me exactly what code the iPhone is asking for? It should say "enter passcode" or enter apple id "password".

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My problem is with an Iphone 7 Plus

I am unable to remote connect with phones, I will try to assist you with directions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The phone is locked and has no phone number as I upgraded to an Iphone 11 How can You communicat
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It had no power.. Now connected AC

OK let me know the exact code its asking for please, so I can better assist you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
phone was off now on
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can go to setting if U cant connect

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Info on the A7Plus shoul be on the cloud
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what now

an you tell me exactly what code the iPhone is asking for? It should say "enter passcode" or enter apple id "password".

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am waiting. please confirm that your on

Are you getting my messages?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It wont accept either numbers
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
JUst answered l your last message

What screen are you currently on?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Settings
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what are you doing

I need more details in order to help you better, are you trying to reset your phone to factory settings and then it asks for your passcode?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I want clear all contents

ok go to settings, swipe down and in the search block type Reset. Click on Reset All Setting.

I mean click on Erase all content and settings.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Done now asks for passcode It hasnt accepted the phone password or my Itunes password. Should I try them now?

the passcode is the number you setup to lock and unlock your phone.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it now reads 7 failed Password attemps now what

If you don't know the passcode there is no other way to clear the phone. This is to protect against theft. What pin did you enter when you had it plugged in and turned on?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
343434

Did you enter that same code to clear the contents?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes and that is my problem. I also tried my Itunes password and otherrs and then got to the 7 Failed message so I am stymied can I send he phone to Apple?

All Apple Stores are closed nation wide with the Corona Virus. But yes, an Apple Store can help you in person.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your patience and help

No problem, thank you for letting me assist you today, best of luck and stay safe!