Ricky - Expert Tech
Ricky - Expert Tech, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

I created a calendar on my MacBookPro using iPhoto and it

Customer Question

I created a calendar on my MacBookPro using iPhoto and it won’t let me purchase it. Message says “an error occurred while contacting the Apple Online Store. Please try again”. I have been trying since yesterday.
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBookPro. Not sure about operating system...
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve created many books and calendars in the past and had no problem. Create them with iPhoto
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Started yesterday
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ricky - Expert Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Ricky and I will do my best to help you today. Unfortunately, iPhoto is no longer a supported Apple program and it is no longer possible to purchase photo goods from iPhoto. This feature was removed by apple in favor of the newer "Photos" app. It sounds like you have an old Mac with an old version of this software. To create a photo calendar you will need to use another service like Shutterfly here: https://www.shutterfly.com/calendars

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I've used Shutterfly before but just not as user friendly. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. There are also several other companies that do this, such as http://bayphoto.com