Mac

I have a replacement phone and I have tried to restore it…

Customer Question
I have a replacement...

I have a replacement phone and I have tried to restore it from an iTunes backup and icloud backup from my computer. Neither has worked. It’s still set up like a new phone with none of my info. I still have the old phone that works, it was just replaced due to battery issues. How can I accomplish the... Read full answer

I have a replacement phone and I have tried to restore it from an iTunes backup and icloud backup from my computer. Neither has worked. It’s still set up like a new phone with none of my info. I still have the old phone that works, it was just replaced due to battery issues. How can I accomplish the restoration of my settings to the new phone?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

I just installed it on my computer Thursday by it’s a newer computer and I hadn’t installed before. So it hasn’t been updated since the install.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
10/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you log on to icloud.com can you see your information there?

Are you getting any specific error messages, or is your old information simply missing?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Updated to iOS 12 on iPhone 6S. When finished, apps wouldn't
Updated to iOS 12 on iPhone 6S. When finished, apps wouldn't load. Read online to "reset" in settings. I did that now my phone will not turn on all the way. It is stuck on white apple. I am currently … read more
Cris
Cris
I am supposed to get my new X phone today. I wanted to sync
I am supposed to get my new X phone today. I wanted to sync my old phone to my MAC computer. Is this necessary? … read more
My daughter wanted to download the new apps on her iphone
My daughter wanted to download the new apps on her iphone and we plugged it into my Mac and now she has all my contacts, photos and everything and all of hers seems to have disappeared. Help? What did… read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
Stop searching for answers—
I have an iPad now but need a newer one. my question is can
I have an iPad now but need a newer one. my question is can you add all my info onto the new iPad I will buy … read more
Trying to back up my phone (6). no place as in your model on
Trying to back up my phone (6). no place as in your model on the internet for "iCloud back up. Have a bar with different color boxes unearth labeled photos, backup up, docs and email. clicking backup … read more
IPhone Backup MacOS Seirra (Version 10.12.4) iPhone 6
iPhone BackupMacOS Seirra (Version 10.12.4) iPhone 6 (10.3.1)I had to perform a back through iTunes (12.6.0) because of my phone carrier settings. I have ALWAYS used iTunes for backups with no problem… read more
Danny Coloma
Danny Coloma
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician, ACSP, APP
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I recently had the battery replaced. When I got my phone
I recently had the battery replaced. When I got my phone back from it was as if they had reset it as a new phone. I went through the commands on the phone and it said to plug it into iTunes so I did a… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Purchased 3 I phones 7's for Christmas presents to replace I
Purchased 3 I phones 7's for Christmas presents to replace I Phone 5's How can I transfer the information on the 5's to the new 7's? … read more
Y phone says to connect to iTunes and it shows the iTunes
y phone says to connect to iTunes and it shows the iTunes logo and a plug in. What do I do?… read more
Support Specialist,
I was using iExplorer to download texts mom's phone.
I was using iExplorer to download texts for my mom's phone. I accidentally restored my husband's old phone backup. Now her phone has all of his info and none of hers. … read more
I downloaded an upgrade to my I-pad on Thursday. Since then
I downloaded an upgrade to my I-pad on Thursday. Since then I am not able to access Safari, Weather channel or USA news. I can get emails so my server is ok. How do I get back those apps and get rid o… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
My girlfriend got a new iphone 6 and has an older iphone 4
My girlfriend got a new iphone 6 and has an older iphone 4 running IOS 6.1.3. She has the iCloud option turned on, on the old iphone, but it does not seem to have pulled any of the photos that she alr… read more
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey
IT University
Stop searching for answers—
Hi Vinod, I am hoping that there might be a solution although
Hi Vinod, I am hoping that there might be a solution although I ...... Anyway, my iPhone 5 just would not boot up. It was charging one day. It went from 1% battery to about 9% and then suddenly stoppe… read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
My iphone 4s, rings, but no other sounds(keyboard clicks, music,
My iphone 4s, rings, but no other sounds(keyboard clicks, music, games). I have cleaned both ports(power port and ear phone port). Sometimes after the phone has been connect to the charging cable, it … read more
Support Specialist,
Okay I have some questions about grindr and how the app data
Okay I have some questions about grindr and how the app data moves between devices. My boyfriend thinks that I have cheated on him because when he reinstalled grindr on my iPhone 4s, my profile, pictu… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
I have been trying to sync my replacement iphone 4s with my
I have been trying to sync my replacement iphone 4s with my mac (OS lion) since three days ago. After syncing for 18 hours, I gave up and unplugged my phone. The apps started to gradually uninstall. I… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS that I accidently dropped into water.
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS that I accidently dropped into water. I took it apart, dried it and left it apart for a week. I put it back together and it is working fine, except a message keeps coming up o… read more
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer
IT Administrator/Election Technician,
I had to replace my iphone 4s. before doing so i backed up
I had to replace my iphone 4s. before doing so i backed up the previous one. i restored the noew phone with the backup but each time i try to sync the phone it goes to the restore backup or setup as n… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience