Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my apple ID I have changed my email

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my apple ID I have changed my email account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think Dec 2017

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don’t know what that is

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Where is the Mac Techncian? I thought you were helping me

Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Mac
8/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 14 days ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID question.

Try finding the Apple ID first. That can be done with the phone number you had back when you registered the Apple ID account for the first time:

go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

Enter the phone # you used when you first created the Apple ID and it should show you a recognizable choice, or only one, Apple ID that is associated with that phone #.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Unsatisfactory

Please tell me what went wrong - I will try further to help, if you will let me know.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I couldn’t find a place to enter my phone number. I used my old email and guessed the right password.
I s
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I still don’t know how to delete my old email from Apple records. Fed up and quit trying.
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 12 days ago

What Apple device are you using, please? iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple computer or MacBook?

The process of changing your Apple ID password ***** depending on the device type, you see. I will tell you the right procedure for the device, just let me know the device please.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Ipad

OK, on the iPad, you may change your Apple ID password ***** follows:

- Open the Settings app, and then...

- tap on iCloud.

- tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.

- tap on Password & Security

- Tap on Change Password

- then, answer the security questions

- And, first enter your current password and then

...create a new password.

Does that work for you? or do you not know your current Apple ID password?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
It is NOT MY PASSWORD ***** is my problem It is USER NAME

You are not sure of your Apple ID then?

Do you want to find it and change it, or just to find out exactly what it is?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I want to change it
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 11 days ago

OK, good. Here's a method to try, to change your Apple ID itself, rather than its password:

- First, go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.

- then, in the Account section, click on Edit.

- Under your Apple ID, click on Change Apple ID.

- then enter the Apple ID that you want to use and click on 'Continue'.

(Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.)