Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPhone shut down in middle of using Facebook (not on this…

Customer Question
iPhone shut down in...

iPhone shut down in middle of using Facebook (not on this device) now just flashes Apple logo & would not do soft reset.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 6.??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just started about 3 hours ago. Can not get any response from it. Tried holding “home” & “off” button at same time. Screen went black for a second, then began alternating between black screen & Apple logo. Was able to finally shut phone off by holding “off” key constantly unti screen went black & stayed that way. When turned back on it begins flashing Apple logo again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I had a new battery installed about 3 months ago.

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Mac
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 days ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Did you try hard reset please?

Did you connect your iPhone to your computer and reset it with iTunes software ?

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Are you there please?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
no I am still here be baack to you right away asking if husband tried the reset you mentioned

ok let me know please

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Apparently I don't have itunes. Phone with problem now plugged into this computer.
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
r u there?

Yes, last question do you have important data on your iPhone?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I do

Hard resert will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device, Do you want to do a hard reset please?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
not if I can help it! I can take phone to cell phone provider in AM
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
may I disconnect now?

Ok, what is your zip code please?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
why do you need this?

so i can help you to find the nearest Apple repair shop

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I know where that is. Thank you anyway. Good bye!

Ok, you're very welcome