Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am locked out of my iPhone 5 don't know my passcode phone…

Customer Question
I am locked out...

I am locked out of my iPhone 5 don't know my passcode phone number(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It has been awhile maybe 112 to 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I need a passcode to unlock my device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not have my imei # i am locked because of not having a pass code, my first thing that i learned to cook is biscuits and my mom and dad met in the city of gary. i tried to use my security question but says thatit is not valid

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 9 days ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup is one way to resolve the issue.

Update to the latest version of iTunes on your computer.

Press down the Home and Power button of the iPhone at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts.

When asked to connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable again, plug the iPhone into a USB port on your computer.

Then you will be prompted to restore the device and upgrade the iOS - accept that option.

If the error message appears during the iOS download, ignore it.

Once the download completes, press down the Home and Power button of the iPhone at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts. This time your iPhone will ask if you want to restore it - select the restore option and follow the prompts.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPhone as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup. Select the restore to restore your data back to your iPhone.

Note that this procedure will wipe all data from your phone however will recover the phone back to the state of the most recent backup.