Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am unable to sign in to apps store, I forgot my password.

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to sign in to apps store, I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did not, and I have it wrote down under I pad, I cloud and is the same but I am unable to sign in

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I don't know how to do it.

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Mac
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 days ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you feel that you have forgotten your apple id password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the ipad. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the ipad and make sure you are connected to wifi.

If the apple id and password ***** for sure correct, but you still can't sign into the ipad, try connecting your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Itunes should then recognize your ipad and ask you for the same apple id and password. Try and sign in with your apple id and password ***** within the iTunes screen and make sure you're connected to the internet while you try this.

If that does not work and you still can't sign into the ipad, try signing into https://appleid.apple.com with your apple id and password. Then under the "devices" section, look for this ipad and click on it. Choose to "remove" this device from your account.

However, if you are not able to reset your password ***** your apple id on this ipad, you will have no choice but to call applecare directly and show them proof of purchase, meaning that you are the 1st and only original user of this device and then they have the power to unlock. Applecare - United States(###) ###-####/p>