Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new IPhone x and I was trying to do a restore…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new IPhone x and I was trying to do a restore but its asking me for a password ***** I don't have can you help me reset it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I know my apple id and password ***** haven't changed it in a long time

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Hold one sec let me get exactly what its asking me for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It says enter the password ***** restore your backup but its not the same as my apple id

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Mac
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: NELSONV VAGHESE,
 replied 9 days ago
NELSONV VAGHESE

Hi This is nelson .Welcome to justanswer.com .

You may see a Secure Remote Assistance offer on your screen. This is optional.I can help you on this issue. Thanks

replied 9 days ago

Please share me your apple id?

replied 9 days ago

okay let me check

replied 9 days ago

Can you please do the below steps

replied 9 days ago

Please open below link in your phone :

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

replied 9 days ago

Then enter apple id as "***@******.***"

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
i cant figure it out
 replied 9 days ago

okay

replied 9 days ago
  1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. ...
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password: