Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife let her 9 year old grandson play on her i. My wife…

Customer Question
My wife let her...

My wife let her 9 year old grandson play on her i

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

My wife let her 9 year old grandson play on her iPad. Since then she has been locked out and has never used iCloud and has no idea of an ID or password ***** with such an account. How can she proceed?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That would be enough.

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I never use her iPad and have no idea of the OS.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Is this chat still active?
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
It is apparent we are not playing nice. Because of the hour, I'll attempt this fix tomorrow.
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 10 days ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Install or update to the latest version of iTunes on your computer.

Connect your iPad to your computer and backup your data locally or through iCloud.

Disconnect the iPad from your computer after the backup is complete.

Press down the Home and Power button of the iPad at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts.

When asked to connect your iPad to your computer using the USB cable again, plug the iPad into a USB port on your computer.

Then you will be prompted to restore the device and upgrade the iOS - accept that option.

If the error message appears during the iOS download, ignore it.

Once the download completes, press down the Home and Power button of the iPad at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts. This time your iPad will ask if you want to restore it - select the restore option and follow the prompts.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPad as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup. Select the restore to restore your data back to your iPad.