Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

ITunes needs my NEW Visa number so I can continue. Not

Customer Question
ITunes needs my NEW...

ITunes needs my NEW Visa number so I can continue

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Not important! .. you need my NEW Visa number (the old one had to be cut up as lost-and-then-found) to I can continue purchasing more songs.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only how to get the new number into your billing system. Also to scrap any old numbers. By the way my present address has been:*****NW, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada. Phone number:(###) ###-#### Please also scrap all old numbers and addresses.

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Mac
7/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 10 days ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for all your information, however, you will need to update/change your billing information with one of the following options. In bold is the iTunes directions on how to update your billing info but I also included every other possible option as you can then decided on how to change your billing info and what is easiest for you. If you have any questions along the way, please let me know. If not, and you're able to get your billing change, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name when you are finished. See below and choose 1 options in order to change your billing information:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

iTunes - from mac or pc:

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

Online website:

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac:

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows:

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.