Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just switched out my iPhone yesterday, backederythim. Dont…

I just switched out...

I just switched out my iPhone yesterday, backederythim

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Dont know eWhere do I find that.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It’s a 7plus for some reason I think the os is 12.4. Basically since I switched to the new phone I have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Actually its 11.4 Basically none of my email transferred over Cox is the carrier

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Am I being charged while I wait for the tech?
6/24/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks!

Are you getting any new Cox emails on the new phone?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No

Ok, so have you tried adding the Cox email account to the Mail app on the new iPhone?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No I’m not sure how to do that
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It shows that cox is the default acct
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
You there Pete?

Yes, sorry for the delay, just checking into this for you.

Did someone else already set up the Cox account for you, if it is showing as the default?

Can you go through the following setup procedure (again) to ensure the Cox email account has been added correctly, and le tme know if it works?

https://www.email-settings.com/iphone/cox-mail-setup

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Not that I know of, it’s always been the default. Can someone walk me through this to solve?

Yes, can you go through the steps in the link I sent?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Sure I’ll try

Let me know how it goes...

Pete, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
far so good, the instructions weren’t exactly right as far as my phone but I managed to figure it out