Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad 2 says it needs to be reactivated and to contact…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my ipad...

Hi Pearl, my ipad 2 says it needs to be reactivated and to contact apple support . do you have any ideas what might me going on. My name is ***** ***** I really miss using my Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Well I think that's an issue, it wanted to update and then it didn't work after that.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

My first try is you!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It accepts my password ***** connects to my wi fi

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
6/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, please let me know if the exact message that appears on the screen is “Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPad to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact apple support at apple.com/support."

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is what it says

Next do the following:

Install or update to the latest version of iTunes on your computer.

Connect your iPad to your computer and backup your data locally or through iCloud.

Disconnect the iPad from your computer after the backup is complete.

Press down the Home and Power button of the iPad at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts.

When asked to connect your iPad to your computer using the USB cable again, plug the iPad into a USB port on your computer.

Then you will be prompted to restore the device and upgrade the iOS - accept that option.

If the error message appears during the iOS download, ignore it.

Once the download completes, press down the Home and Power button of the iPad at the same time and then release just the Power button after the device restarts. This time your iPad will ask if you want to restore it - select the restore option and follow the prompts.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPad as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup. Select the restore to restore your data back to your iPad.