Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have received an email from Apple regarding my account and…

Customer Question
I have received an...

I have received an email from Apple regarding my account and asking for personal information such as my sin number to unlock it. Is it legit.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not recently

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I received Notices of purchases which I did not make and I send are

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message as there are many SCAMs out there like this. DO NOT do anything mentioned in that message. Always ignore this kind of messages asking for the personal info especially credit card and SS number. Apple would never contact you asking for personal info.

Since you got the message, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.