Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m unable to access my App Store username password

Customer Question
Hey I’m unable to...

Hey I’m unable to access my App Store username***@******.*** password ***** I received a email saying Apple took 29.00 plus 2.99 off my card for that account about an subscription. I have a new phone and Apple ID and I need that old subscription to be canceled and the funds to be reimbursed because I was unaware and I can’t access the account to change it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I’m not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No maim

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Wes, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Wes
Wes, Mac Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. Did you check your bank or credit card statement to make sure the charge you're being notified actually occurred? The reason being is fraudulent e-mails regarding iTunes charges are fairly common. Their goal is to get you to click on a fraudulent website and enter your Apple/iTunes login and password ***** they can steal your account. This is known as "Phishing." It's a play on the word "fishing" meaning "fishing for account credentials."

If you want to verify an iTunes or AppStore charge you can do so by following these steps:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

You would need to use the old Apple ID to do that. If you are unable to remember the password ***** that Apple ID, you will need to reset your password. To reset the password ***** your Apple ID, please follow the instructions here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

My #1 priority is your satisfaction and to provide you with the best experience possible. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Before you leave today, please remember to rate my service by scrolling to the beginning/top of our conversation and selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box to let me know and I'll be back as soon as I am able. By the way, we do more than computer support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to well... you name it. So stop back any time.