Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have purchased a logitech spotlight and like it, but I…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a logitech spotlight and like it, but I find I lose control of the cursor on my MacBook at unanticipated times. Thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

Safari

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your MacBook?

When I lose the cursor, I have tried about every key, including escape, but I cannot regain control without disconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting the presentation

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
I have also noticed that I lose the cursor on the MacBook intermittently, but when I lose it to the remote display I can only regain control of the cursor on the MacBook by disconnecting the HDMI cable the reconnecting
Operating system is High Sierra 10.13.4
6/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if the HDMI cable you are using is loose or damaged, or of poor quality.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

Have you tried using the Spotlight closer to the MacBook to ensure it is within range and doesn't get disconnected?