Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an old Mac that I downloaded my iPhoto to an external…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an old Mac that I downloaded my iPhoto to an external drive. However, I can't view them because the app is no longer available. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

No sure. It's to view my photos from a very old Mac. The message I receive is that the app is no longer available in US

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Nothing. I just get that message when I try to view from the external hard drive. The computer is so old and just about to crash

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I will be the technician working with you today.

May I ask which version of Mac OS you are running?

If you would like remote support, select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support, you may ignore the prompt.

I don't have the computer with me so I can't tell you the version. The computer is so old that it's about to crash. My new version is Mac OS Sierra. I do have the external hard drive with the photos on it. Just can't view them
No thank you.
I paid $5.00 for nothing?

Thank you for your patience. You may access the images in the iPhoto library by right clicking it and choosing "View Contents". In that folder, open the "Originals" folder. All of your images are stored there. You may copy that Originals folder to the computer and will be able to access the images that way.

Does that all make sense?

Please, respond when you have a chance. Thank you