Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just got a new (refurbished) I pad and can't activate it to…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new (refurbished) I pad and can't activate it to apple or the cloud

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I can't recall, not recently

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but they wanted to send verification info to a phone # I no longer have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its not a Mac, but no, nothing else

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Is it aleady signed into an account?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I have had an apple acct on phones, pc, and previous ipads

That was not what I asked at all.

Is it aleady signed into an account?

not yet, I'm try to add it to my acct

But, is it already signed into one? Like are you at the activation screen?

i have gone back to the very beginning..at "hello"
i am at the quick start screen

Right, is there an account already filled in with *** for suggestion?