Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new 8 plus and an I pad. A month or so ago I

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a new 8 plus and an I pad. A month or so ago I changed my Apple ID on my phone, but I couldn't change it on my iPad for some reason.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When i go the new 8 plus, when the downloaded form the cloud, I did not get any of my purchases I had made on my old ID. No books, no music.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes I did it that way a month ago, but I went to the Apple store yesterday and they told me I had to call you guys.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, All of my books and Music are still on my iPad under my old ID, but none are on my new phone.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple ID. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I know the password. The problem is: ;my iPad is under***@******.*** and my phone is under***@******.***. I need the items i purchased under the Robbins brothers Id to transfer to the Emagispace ID
I don't want to switch to remote

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com

I don't need to reset my password, I know it for both ID's

If that were that were the case you could sign into either account and remove it. Can you sign into both og those accounts at appleid.apple.com ?

You do not seem to understand my problem. I have one Id on my iPad and another on my iPhone and I need the items i purchased on my iPad ID on my iPhone Id. I cab log on to appleid with one or the other ID's but I can't change them
are you there

I do and you need to prove to me you can sign into both accounts at appleid.apple.com before we continue.

How do I prove it. I just did both of them. I signed out of Emagispace and signed in on Robbins brothers. I am signed in to Emagispace right now and my iPad is not on there.
I tried to change my ID on the Robbins Brothers account to Emagispace and it told me that ID was not valid

Is the iPad locked?

Not right now
What is going on? are you able to help me?

Can you sign out of the current account on the iPad?

I have signed out

Now sign back in

I signed out of Robbins Brothers and signed back in with Emagispace. All of the stuff is still on the iPad, but not on the phone. I also backed them both up to see if it would come back from the cloud.