Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I set up parental controls last year and forgot the

Customer Question
Hello… I set...

Hello… I set up parental controls last year and forgot the administrator name and password. I need to download a driver for a new printer and am blocked because I have the controls in place. Any ideas how to reset?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I believe it was within the last couple of months

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Nope… was not aware of it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No… just this issue

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about password. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am not sure what I used for my user name or password ***** do not know how to retrieve them for parental controls…so haven't tried to.