Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgot my password and now am locked out~~?? Tried earlier…

Customer Question
Forgot my password *****...

Forgot my password ***** now am locked out~~??

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Tried earlier this afternoon, but NO use since at least the weekend~

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

How do I do that??

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need HELP!?!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about password. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Evidently, i’ve attempted the wrong passcode too many times

Do you have a computer you can plug your device into?

No, an iPad and an iPhone only

Without another device to restore the locked device there is nothing that I can do from my end.

iPad is working GREAT, iPhone NOT!

Yes the statement I just made still stands.

OK, so any advice on what to do next??

You need to have a computer to restore it. If you have a friend who can help that would be a start. Otherwise you need to go into and Apple Store.

OK, well, THANKS!!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!