Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My old Apple ID not being recognized, 12.7.5 just upgrade,

Customer Question
My old Apple ID...

My old Apple ID not being recognized

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?

12.7.5 just upgrade

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

This morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My mom is using my old I7 and her ID keeps popping up asking for password

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple.

Thank you

Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple.

I am sorry,***@******.*** is not an Apple ID. Do you have any other apple ID with you?

That's why I was wondering; I have been using it since I got my first I phone

Can I have your regular email address?

My sister has set up a new apple ID on my old I7, which is***@******.***
That's my regular email address, and right now I am having trouble receiving and sending email in my phone

Can I have the phone number that you use with your Apple ID which ends with ‎•••• ••60?

my phone number does not end with **60

In this case, You can reach Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** /1-***-***-**** and verify your account information. They are available from 7AM to 10PM CST 7 days a week.

That is my mom's phone; 852-90831060

A message with instructions has been sent to Mom’s iPhone (iPhone 6). Use it to finish unlocking your account.

device Mom’s iPhone 6

• Tap "Unlock Account" in the notification shown on your iPhone 6.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to unlock your account.

If you don’t have access to Mom’s iPhone?

My mom's I6 is in Hong Kong and I am in Guam

In this case, You can reach Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** and verify your account.