Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’ve got an iPhone 7+ and can’t doenload my app updates or…

Customer Question
Hi I’ve got an...

Hi I’ve got an iPhone 7+ and can’t doenload my app updates or make purchases on any apps saying that my payment cards and my paypal are incorrect to us

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Wouldn’t know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Only a couple of days. Probably since the last update I did

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

You can change or update your payment method right from your iOS device or via a web browser on any computer:

==========

PAYMENT METHOD UPDATE - IOS DEVICE

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping.
  2. Tap the current option under “PAYMENT METHOD” at the top of the screen.
  3. Update details as needed. (If necessary, you can swipe to the bottom of the screen and choose “Change Payment Method”. Then select None or a different payment method).
  4. Make any necessary selections and choose “Next” or “Save” to complete the process.

==========

PAYMENT METHOD UPDATE - COMPUTER

It will likely be easiest to update info from a computer.

You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, scroll down to "Payment & shipping" and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen.

Also, browse the rest of the personal information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed.

Once completed, the payment information should updated almost immediately for all Apple-related services. You may need to restart your devices depending on what was updated.