Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm trying to get information about changing a password for…

Customer Question
Mike, I'm trying to...

Mike, I'm trying to get information about changing a password ***** an ITunes Account that was apparently set up by my Grandson. He borrowed by I-Pad , set up an Itunes Account and I'm now attempting to use the I-pad in my Appraisal Business to do on site sketching, photo pasting to the Appraisal form, etc.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not had access to any passwords--my Grandson has had the I-pad since I purchased it in December of 2017. I've indicated to him that I need him to change the password ***** that I can gain access to the account.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

My Daughter in Law has the I-pad with the express purpose of resetting all passwords so that we can access a 3rd party vendor for our appraisal program. She says that the Apple folks are asking for the previous email account (which would be my Grandson's account) to which the password ***** assigned.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I purchased the I-pad and my Grandson is telling me that he needs the equipment back so that he can change the password. I don't buy that; I think he may have used my debit card to set up the password ***** for whatever else he used the card for.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running on the iPad, please?

From the Home screen;

tap Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

I don't have the ipad with me. It's in the hands of my Daughter-in-Law. She works with me in my appraisal business and I've asked her to set it up for me to do sketching in the field as well as downloading photos. My Grandson had the Ipad previously and we need to reset the password ***** our business purposes. It appears that you may not be able to help if I don't have the equipment with me. However, I can call Kirsten (she's the daughter-in-law) and maybe you can walk her through the process.

You can try the following on the iPad, assuming it's running a recent version of the operating system AND if you have access to the home screen:

Please try the following on the device to reset the password.

tap Settings

tap [the user name] (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name])

tap Password & Security

tap Change Password

If you aren't already signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it" and follow along. (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > “Forgot Apple ID or Password” then follow along)

If it only asks for password ***** enter an incorrect password ***** times and it should prompt to reset it.

John, sorry I haven't responded back but I've been super busy. Could you email my Daughter-In-Law (she is in possession of the IPad. Her email address is lefthanded***@******.***. Ask if you can connect with the IPad and walk through the fixes that need to be made.