Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am attempting to connect my new tp-link usb to my HP

Customer Question
I am attempting to...

I am attempting to connect my new tp-link usb to my HP desktop. There is no start up disc. At my computer store, they indicated that I should just plug in the usb provided and it would pick it up. I use a Verizon Jet Pack to connect to the internet. It is working on this computer (Apple Macbook Pro) directly into the Jet Pack. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

The Mac Book Pro connects directly to the internet with the Jet Pack

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

It says "processor 2.5GHZ Intel Core i5. The Mac is working fine. Not the problem. the problem is getting the HP to connect.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It indicated I would be connected in 5 minutes, it has been 15. Am I supposed to do something else?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Just a note. My MAC is working fine and is connected to the internet. That is how I am able to communicate with you. I am trying to get my HP desktop connected with this new tp-link. Not working thus far.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No. I have found these services to be quite expensive and usually do not work.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it's now been 25 minutes? What should I do?
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: FRAN, Mac Support Specialist replied 24 days ago
FRAN
FRAN, Mac Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today! Please, give me a few moments to review and I'll be right back with your Answer.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am ready.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No. I have had little luck with these activities. I'm thinking I should just return the product! Do you have any ideas for me before I give up?

Ok what is the model of the tp-link you have

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
AC600

Ok and windows 10?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Windows 10

Ok I'm looking for the driver for you to download please hold

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry, it is Windows 7 Professional

Is it the AC600 Archer T2UH?

Or the Archer T2U?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Archer T2U

Ok click on this link for the Archer T2U HERE And download the driver from the driver section on the pages.

be sure to download the windows version

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I do not want to download this here on my MAC - is there a way to get it to my HP. I doubt it since it is not on the internet

yes. just open the email from me and click on view and respond. and it will bring you back to this thread

If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
not working. I think I will just take this unit back. How do I get my $5 deposit back?

What do you mean it's not working? it's a link

And you click on driver and download the 3rd on on the page for windows