Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iBook G4 will not awake from sleep mode AND I've noticed…

Customer Question
My iBook G4 will...

My iBook G4 will not awake from sleep mode AND I've noticed the light on the front is STEADY rather than blinking as it would normally be while in sleep mode. Makes me think there's another problem somewhere.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iBook?

OS 10.4.11 (Tiger) PPC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iBook? What have you tried so far?

Only since about two hours ago. I tried tapping the space bar, holding the power button down for as long as 45 seconds (!), removing the battery and putting it back in and pressing power button. All to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that in 17 years of using Mac computers this has NEVER happened to me before.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 20 days ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

Tiger is an old version for sure. I hope the problem is not related to that.

I suspect that your computer is simply not producing a lighted screen - whether owing to hardware failure in the screen's backlight, or for other reasons.

Try this: turn it On, leave it alone for 5 minutes or 10 minutes.

Then, press and hold down the power button until it shuts off, then release the power button.

Then wait 2 minutes; after that, power it On again, watch it carefully to see what it does, in point of indicator lights, beeps, sounds, etc.