Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife and I both have ipads that are about 4 years old.

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I both have ipads that are about 4 years old. Each pad has become impossible to open and ask for the email and password ***** they were setup.We no longer have the old password. We have been using a new address and password ***** just after their purchase. we use icloud. If we get new ipads will we need to worry about the old address and password ***** the new ipads as the current ipads.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

The current id has been in use for nearly the life of these ipads. The pass word has been changed frequently and as early as today.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes and every thing works well until I am asked to open and then it asks for the original password ***** I do not have.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mirza Vaseem, Mac Enthusiast replied 21 days ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Mac Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with the issue you are facing.

From the problem description, I understand that the password *****'t being accepted in your iPads that you have been using for years.

Firstly, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Please be assured that I will be glad to help you in getting this sorted out.

Please provide me the below details:

1) Are you using the same Apple ID for both the iPads?

2) Please provide me the Apple ID that's not accepting the password. I will check for the recovery options and help you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Vaseem

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Same password ***** each ipad. The is is***@******.***

This doesn't seem to be the Apple ID login email. Can you verify again please?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
That’s an old email. Current email is***@******.***

Thats the one set as your Apple ID. Do you have access to your Gmail emails now? The one that is s•••••@g•••••.com.

If yes, please check the emails, there is an email sent out to you with the instructions to reset your password. That should help you reset your password ***** the issue will get resolved.

Please keep me posted on the status to help you further.

In case everything goes well, please rate my service with a 5-star. Your rating is very helpful for us.

You will see a tag called rating on top with 5 stars. That's where you will be rating my service. Thank you!

Looking forward to your response to help you further.

Regards,

Vaseem

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No thanks

Do you mean you do not want to reset your password?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No!

Sure, we will go as per what you say. Please let me know how you want me to proceed with this.

I will look for options as per what you say.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No
Mac Support Specialist: Mirza Vaseem, Mac Enthusiast replied 20 days ago

Sure. I will go ahead and have this case sent over for a refund to our Customer service Team.

I apologize if there has been any inconvenience from our end. Our Customer Service team will be able to look for a refund option and help you further.

Thank you for your time and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Even though your question is going for a refund, you will still have an option to rate my service with a 5-star as your rating is very important for us.

Please take a few seconds to rate my service. Your rating is very valuable. Thank you!

I am currently moving your case to Customer Service and wont be able to respond to you anymore.

Customer Service will review my comments and help you further with the refund. Thank you!