Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Everytime I receive a PDF attachment and try to open it,

Customer Question
HI, Everytime I receive...

HI, Everytime I receive a PDF attachment and try to open it, itunes opens and it doesn't open the pdf. Help!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I have no idea...long time ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Nothing

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hello, are you there?
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 20 days ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, When did this start and What OS are you running please? (Windows or MAC)

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Mac 10.12.6
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
A long time
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Are you still here?

Yes hold on please

Thank you

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
That costs $39 right? This sounds like a racket. Can't you just give me a quick solution? Can't be that difficult, can it?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No thank you. If you cannot fix it, just please tell me and refund my $5 please.

Please download and install Adobe reader from the link below then try to re open your PDF files :

get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I already have Adobe reader. The issue is when I get an email attachment with a pdf and try to download it, itunes opens and I cannot access it.
  • Find a PDF file and Right click (control key + click) on the PDF. In the menu select "Get Info".
  • When the Get Info window appears expand the "Open with:" section right above "Preview:".
  • Select where it currently says "Preview" as the default application.
  • Select Adobe reader
  • click "Change All...".

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
OK, did that. Went back to my email, clicked the pdf attachment and it went right to itunes again

re-download the PDF file from your email account then try re open it please

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
did you read my prior response. I just tried it a second time and it went to Itunes again.

Right-click on the pdf file, click on open then select Adobe reader

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
This box won't allow screenshot copies but when I right-click the attachment, in the email, there is no option to open, only "Open Link in New tab", "Open link in new window", "Open link in incognito window", "Save link as", "Copy Link as", "Login to Evernote", "Inspect"...that's it.

Please download the pdf file from your email account, then Right-click on it, click on open then select Adobe reader

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I cannot download the pdf file in the email attachment, because as I said, everytime I click on it, it goes to Itunes. It is stuck in the email attachment.

What is your email service ? eg : Gmail

1. On your computer, go to http://gmail.com.
  2. Open te email message.
  3. Hover your mouse over the thumbnail, then click Download
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
When I hover my mouse over the attachment, I have two options: 1) a down arrow which when I click it goes to Itunes, 2) download to google drive. I have tried that, it says it is in google drive somewhere, yet I cannot find it.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I will accept your offer of remote tech support if you waive the $5. Then I will write a superlative evaluation

Did you receive the offer please?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I responded above, can you see it?

Click on the following link : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=82ca50b5-0cac-424f-a850-5e97a5e1ecdf&Type=Java and click "I agree" button then a remote file will be downloaded.

Open and run the remote file from your downloads

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I will but does this means you have waived the $5 fee so that I will only pay $5 for the initial consult?

This is a paid service and the initial charge ($5) is a registration fee. If you want to continue, I can help. otherwise please let me know, I will report this question for refund.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
if I do not want to pay the additional fee, are we finished?

If you have any question about charges please contact our customer support at : ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Thank you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Then I am afraid we are finished. Thanks for trying.

You are very welcome