Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iMac downloaded an update and now hangs up when trying to…

Customer Question
My iMac downloaded an...

My iMac downloaded an update and now hangs up when trying to restart.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Good question I don.t know Ithink it.s the latest.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

It was working last night about midnight. I delayed the announcement that there was an update and shut it off. This morning when I turned it on it hung up. I’ve tried to reboot and then unplugged and replugged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Im obviously not very smart on apples so may have missed. The obvious Apple user steps.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John Castle, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
John Castle
John Castle, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, would i be correct in assuming it cuts off and hangs on a grey screen?

No, it is the black apple screen with the loading bar below as if it’s stuck
As if it’s still downloading, 8+ hours later. How do I get past that screen ? Are there key combinations in Apple as there are in MS systems?

Yes there would be, do you know the exact model or the serial code?

Sorry, this has taken to long to get to this point. I’m no longer at home with the Mac. I have to leave for the airport in a couple hours and won’t be back to this location for a couple of months. Think this is a liost cause with your organization. Refund my money and I’ll figure it out on my own.

I will send this over to customer support

No thanks, you already sent me three attempts to upsell me rather than addressing the question I’d ask initially. I needed an assist not a monthly payment. Just refund the money. You did nothing to fix the problem. Your system sucks.