Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My I pad wants me to activation lock code. It’s been a time…

Customer Question
My I pad wants...

My I pad wants me to activation lock code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It’s been a long time since I set this up

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No it’s my I pad I’m on my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t remember my if or password

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

I need a little help to understand more of what you are experiencing let me present some options as to what your issue is by the examples below

and let me know if any of these methods apply to your issue:

An Activation Lock typically means your Apple ID email which is signed in to your iCloud settings on your iPad is inaccessible, due to not recalling the password ***** that email account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Verification Code will pop up in your are attempting to sign in with your Apple ID email and password ***** your iPad. If this is the case, that means you have a security on your Apple ID called Two Factor Authentication

The way this works is anytime you attempt to sign in to any Apple service or Apple device (i.e like the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch), you will first enter your email address and password (Your Password ***** ***** First Factor)

Then once you press Go or Continue, you will receive a 6-digit Verification code to enter on your iPad screen (Verification code is the Second Factor)

Once you enter that Verification code, you will then be able to gain access into your iPad.

Passcode Lock means the 4 to 6 digit code that you created to lock your iPad when not in use (If you have done this) means you have tried to access your iPad with this passcode more than three (3) times unsuccessfully.

Based on what I have described above, do any one of these three modes represent what you are experiencing as far as getting into your iPad?

Thanks in advance for your response, I look forward to helping you with this issue.

-TD

Just sending this post to you to remind you that your question is still a priority for me to answer for you.

I have not received a recent update from you at the present. Therefore, I wanted to assure you I am waiting for a reply from you, so we can either continue working on this issue or you confirm that the last processes provided worked and the issue has been resolved.

Thank you. I look forward to corresponding with you again, once you are back online with JustAnswer.com.

Regards,

-Terry