Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot remember my password. I got my iPad for Christmas…

Customer Question
I cannot remember my...

I cannot remember my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I got my iPad for Christmas and only tried to set it up . . . .I have no clue. I have tried many different passwords. I would receive message saying try again in 5 minutes, then 15 minutes, until I decided I had better stop before I got completely locked out

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I am not familiar with that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not tech savy

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 19 days ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I've been a Mac Specialist and Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

A few quick questions of my own:

* Are you locked out of your iPad due to forgetting your 4 to 6 digit passcode? or have you forgotten your Apple ID email password?

* As well as your iPad, do you also own a Mac or Windows desktop or laptop computer?

Thanks in advance for answering these few questions for me, I look forward to helping you resolve this issue.

-TD

Hello, just checking in, are you still available for assistance?

I am definitely looking forward to helping you, but I need this crucial information in order to do so.

If you can provide the answers to my few questions, I will get right to work to help you resolve your password *****

Thanks!

-TD

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Use this same method

Hi, thanks so much for your response, but please forgive me, but just to clarify, to make sure I am on the same page with you,

What do you mean when you say "Yes. Use this same method"?

In order to effectively assist you, I need a little more detail in your reply to my questions, so I can determine the best route to

take you to help you get your password ***** As a tech using this method of communication the more detail in your response,

as well as what you have tried, is what I need in order to really benefit you with a resolving answer.

Thanks!

-TD

Hi, just checking in- are you still in need of assistance?If so please respond when you can to my questions and I will be glad to get started.Thanks!
-TD