Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep getting Can't Connect to the App Store. I've verified…

Customer Question
I keep getting Can't Connect...
I keep getting Can't Connect to the App Store. I've verified in signed in. When I go to the iTunes store to update payment, it says error.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I've been a Mac Specialist and Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

Here is what I recommend you try:

• First check your Internet connection by opening your Safari (or Chrome, Firefox) web browser
  • If you are able to open a browser, then that is the first step.
  • Next, check Apple's System Status Page here to make sure the App Store is not experiencing any downtime
  • If the App Store is showing a green status indicator and not red, then proceed to click on the black Apple icon located above in the upper left corner of your screen and select About this Mac
  • Make sure you are running the latest Mac OS update for your iMac which is macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

If you are cleared of all these checks, this means your Mac is online and the App Store is functional

• Now open iTunes and on the menu bar select Account
  • Now from the Account Menu, click on Authorizations > Authorize This Computer
  • You will need to enter your Apple ID email and password, so make sure have that information available
  • Once you enter this information, iTunes will take a moment to confirm whether your computer is authorized or not.
  • When this is complete, quit iTunes
  • Click on the black Apple icon again and select App Store to see if it opens
  • If it does click on Store, located on the App Store menu bar at the top of your screen
  • Select Reload Page
  • Now see if you can use the App Store as you used to.

Let me know if this helps. I'll be watching for your update.

Thanks!

-TD

The rest of my question is my goal is to install the latest OS. I currently have 10.7.5. When I goo to my iTunes account, put in my id and password, it says iTunes could not connect too the iTunes Store. An unknown error has occurred (-9836). I've exported my 50k+ photos from Aperture since I heard the new OS may not support Aperture. Thank you

Thanks for your response and update and no worries- glad to assist.

If you don't mind, I would like to take a few to review that iTunes error code (-9836) and I will return back to you with some steps to help provide you an effective resolution if all possible.

-TD

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for the delay.

As it turns out this is a direct Apple Support issue.

Error 9836 appears to be a new issue with Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion and Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion versions, and at present there does not appear to be a resolution for this issue.

So with respect to you as a valued customer, as well as the time and effort, you have placed into getting this issue resolved, I am going to have to recommend you contact Apple Technical Support for further assistance at(###) ###-####

I have looked into this error code and found that the resolution thus far, as been the same, because there appears unfortunately to be no effective resolution yet.

To have your question refunded, here is the link to chat with JustAnswer.com Customer Support:

Cancelation and Refund for Just Answer.com Question

Then call Apple as soon as conveniently possible.

Thank you for allowing me the time to assist you and I hope they can get this issue resolved on their end for this very current issue.

I will proceed to opt out of this question now, so you can get your refund process started and then contact Apple Support.

Respectfully,

TD

"The MacTechTrainer"