Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got my wife’s old iPhone when she got a new one (I got a…

Customer Question
I got my wife’s...

I got my wife’s old iPhone when she got a new one (I got a new number, she kept her old number). Is there an easy way for me to eliminate all her mail related to shopping, etc that I don’t want on her old phone?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

How do I determine that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

About a week. Don’t know what to try

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 22 days ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

It should be easiest to simply delete her email account and then re-add your own:

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
When I click on the email name, it asks for my iCloud info. How do I delete account?

Is her email an iCloud or Me.com account?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No I prefer that you walk me through the steps

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Me. Com account
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Me.com account

Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running, please?

From the Home screen;

tap Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
11.3.1 (15E302)

Thanks.

please do the following for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID (your wife's) is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use your correct Apple ID and password.

1) Go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud

If incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.

Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account, if you have one.

2) Go to Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” or Mail

Verify correct iCloud email is listed, if you use it.

3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out

Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

4) Go to Settings > Facetime

5) Go to Settings > [your user name] > iTunes & App Store

Once you have completed the above then the iOS device should be ready to go.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have an iPad. Everything there is set up under my email account***@******.***. I’d like to use that for the iPhone too, if possible.

Once you have the Apple ID straightened out on the device, you can add the gmail account itself too:

tap your email provider (Google, for example)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I keep adding my email password ***** it says it is incorrect.

Are you able to sign into gmail if you try via the Safari browser?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am now at Safari like. Do I sign in there?

Sign in to the gmail site via Safari at: https://mail.google.com

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
John, I appreciate your help but I think I’m too tired to finish this tonight. I’ll try again early tomorrow. Thanks.

You are very welcome. Feel free to reply back tomorrow and I'll respond when I come online.