Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just picked up a replacement ihphone7 from the Apple

Customer Question
I just picked up...

I just picked up a replacement ihphone7 from the Apple store.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The girl told me to come home and connect to the WiFi to restore my phone And I get a message that says the sim card is invalod

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Invalid

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

Here is what you would need to do to test your SIM card, in order to try and resolve this issue.

To unseat the SIM card from your iPhone 7

1. Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
  2. Check the right side of your phone to locate the SIM tray.
  3. Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out.
  4. Remove the SIM card from the tray.
  5. Now, reseat the SIM card back in the tray
  6. Turn your iPhone 7 on and see if it now works.

Please update me when you have a chance regarding if this works or not, I will be awaiting your response.

Thanks!

-TD