Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I think that I need to reinstall WORD on my iMac because the…

Customer Question
I think that I...

I think that I need to reinstall WORD on my iMac because the new document template has begun to open with the Outline view open and documents that I bring up on the screen have begun to freeze on screen and I cannot close them.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

N o, I am not getting error message and have not rearranged file forders althiough I have created new folders recently.

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

I can't really remember but it does not look different to what I am used to.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

I suggest that you first try an easier procedure: to remove or delete the default template file, after closing MS Word. Then when Word is next started, it will re-create the default template file, and hopefully that will cure the problem.

(If you need the location and name of the default template file for MS Word, please tell me the MS Word 'year' or version, and I will instruct you further.)