Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have had to reboot my MacBook Air because of slow down…

Customer Question
I have had to...

I have had to reboot my MacBook Air because of slow down issue, reboot was successful & my Mac is back to a good speed & just about everything is ok but for my email. No email there and I'm having extreme trouble setting it up, I keep getting 'unable to verify account & password'

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Sorry, not sure what you mean. what I have tried so far is to simply set an account up because my email would not fire up when mail icon pressed

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I have just installed Norton

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What does your email address end in. For example, does it end in @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @aol.com, etc? Please let me know so I can further assist.