Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im running word 16.13.1 on my imac which is running 10.13.4.

Customer Question
Im running word 16.13.1...

Im running word 16.13.1 on my imac which is running 10.13.4. The default template is not right. I'd like to go back to the default settings. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

10.13.4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

It's been fine up to now. just noticed it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
5/30/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If these instructions do not work, your version may vary so I may need to give you different but similar instructions for your version. Please let me know

From the desktop, click on "Go" at the top of the screen

1. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard and you will see "Library" appear in the go menu list, Choose "Library"
  2. Then Choose "application support"
  3. Then open "Microsoft"
  4. Then open "office"
  5. Then open "user templates"
  6. Drag the "Normal.dotm" file to your desktop

Then re-open word and you should have a default template once again.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.